Wednesday 5 December 2007

The precocity of my offspring

Last night, m'first born was sitting on the sofa casually examining some minor inuries (non-hedgehog related, I stress).

"Daddy", she said "I've just noticed that the scab on my ankle is the same shape as Madagascar."

I looked, and indeed the scab in question, suitably magnified, with the addition of some placenames, and coloured something other than dark red, could indeed have served as a cartographic representation of the Malagasy Republic.

Odd what the young notice, isn't it?

2 comments:

No Good Boyo said...

After a vodka-drinking competition with some Uzbek coppers I awoke the following morning to find a stain the shape of a Fergana nad-spider on my t-shirt. Until I found out it was a Fergana nad-spider.

Gyppo Byard said...

On my one week's-worth of experience of Uzbekistan, you was lucky it was only a spider, bor.